Tuesday 4 February 2014

Healthy choices !!!

All of a sudden I have become health conscious.  Perhaps the triggering point was during my trip to Goa when one well meaning neighbour asked me how many months pregnant I was that made me resolve that I had to get rid of that tummy I had. Soon I found myself scouring the internet for information related to health/dieting/exercising firmly deciding that health should be the focus this year.  To my utter surprise, I found that there are many facts related to health and nutrition, the food that we eat that I was not aware of.  I was leading a totally ignorant life as far as food/nutrition is concerned. So here I am listing down few of the interesting points I found in the hope that it will be useful to others.

Disclaimer: This is just information I have found on the internet and therefore you are advised to verify authenticity yourself J

  1. The key to weight loss is not eating less, but burning the excess calories consumed.
  2. Fibre rich food is the key to a healthy life. Fibre slows down digestion and keeps you full for long.  Fibre is present in foods like apples, pears, carrots, oats.  
  3. Starchy food like white rice, potatoes etc is believed to cause belly fat and therefore should be cut down.


Following are the lifestyle changes I have made based on the information I have found:
  1. I start my day with a 15 minute tummy tucking exercise followed by 15 minutes brisk walking.  I am planning to gradually increase the time period. Refer this link for exercises. http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/5-exercises-and-5-foods-to-reduce-belly-fat/
  2. I drink lots of water
  3. I take stairs instead of the lift
  4. I avoid that last extra portion in my meal and control the urge to eat just one more chocolate.


It’s too early to say if any of this has made any difference to my tummy or not, but I am definitely feeling good about it. Just hope it works some magic.  Keeping my fingers crossed J

No comments:

Post a Comment